Kardel is currently contracted by CLBC to provide Home Share coordination in 5 Vancouver Island communities. An excellent full-time employment opportunity has recently opened for someone who has experience in the delivery of services to persons with disabilities. If you are interested in playing an important and supportive role in the lives of these individuals and their care providers, we would love to hear from you. We're looking for someone who is committed to working with people and sets a high standard in promoting health, choice, and community inclusion through individualized supports within the Home Share model.
Kardel is a CARF-accredited agency providing services to adults with disabilities since 1987. For more information please visit our website at www.kardelcares.ca and for the Job Description please click on the Employment tab.
Interviews will be arranged for applicants with the desired qualifications. The successful candidate will receive a competitive wage and benefit package, and join an experienced, dedicated team of professionals.
Education, Training and Experience
* Post-secondary education in a related field
* Two years previous work experience in an environment working with people with developmental disabilities
* Administrative and supervisory experience is preferred
* Fluent in basic computer software (word processing, excel, email). Knowledge of ShareVision would be an advantage, or would require training
Job Skills and Abilities
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
* Understanding of the community living service network
* Initiative and ability to work independently, as well as contributing to team productivity
* Valid Class V driver's license and driver's abstract
* Valid First Aid/CPR certificate
* Tuberculosis screening
* Criminal Record Check
* Reliable Vehicle
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|